Huntington University has an opening for Associate Campus Pastor. The associate campus pastor is responsible for fostering the spiritual formation of students. Under the direction and leadership of the campus pastor, the associate campus pastor will oversee day-to-day ministry programs and outreach experiences including worship, student discipleship, prayer initiatives, chapel programming and small groups.
- Must have a strong personal Christian commitment and faith in Jesus Christ and a desire to serve others.
- Growing Christian with a track record of discipleship and accountability relationships.
- Experience developing and leading women’s ministries.
- A ministry/theological graduate degree or its equivalent.
- Evangelical in theological orientation, in general accord with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ’s Confession of Faith.
- Licensed or ordained UB minister preferred. If not licensed/ordained through the UB denomination, willing to consider transfer license/ordination to the UBIC.
- A minimum of three to five years of successful fulltime pastoral leadership in a university ministry or church setting.
- A deeply held sense of calling to ministry with college-age students.
- Gifted in spiritual counseling, preaching, creative worship, discipleship, and small group ministries.
- Must be committed to the mission of Huntington University as a comprehensive Christian college dedicated to educating men and women to impact our world for Christ.
- Understanding of and commitment to the goals and character of Huntington University.
- Faithful attendance to a Christ-centered, Bible-believing church in the evangelical tradition. (Church of the United Brethren in Christ preferred but not required.)
- Positive interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement.
How to Respond if Interested
This is a fulltime, 10-month exempt position. To apply, visit this link.