Jerusalem Chapel is searching for a fulltime Youth Pastor to expand our youth program and inspire our youth to grow in their love of Christ through this position’s mentorship and guidance. The Youth Pastor will plan, coordinate, and supervise activities for both middle-school and high-school youth. These activities will lead our youth to discover our church’s mission and inspire our youth to grow spiritually while enjoying the fellowship of other youth from both within our congregation as well as youth in the surrounding community.
This is a fulltime, salaried (exempt) position paying $30,000 a year. The Youth pastor reports to the senior pastor.
- Provide spiritual guidance and mentor youth while consulting/involving the Senior Pastor when needed to provide a strong pastoral support system.
- Plan activities which focus on targeting our teens’ relationship with God, as well as encouraging them to discover their spiritual gifts and talents.
- Promote outreach ministry to unchurched youth, or those searching for a church home.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with activities both on- and off-site.
- Maintain records for monthly reporting to the church.
- Publicize and communicate youth sponsored events.
- Schedule fundraising events that involve youth planning and participation.
- Oversee collection and handling of all money regarding the youth program and submit those monies to the Church Treasurer for deposit and credit to the youth budget account.
- Submit an annual budget request to the Finance Committee.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with the Senior Pastor and attend monthly Administrative Board meetings.
- Plan Youth-led services with the Senior Pastor, Worship Leader, and others as needed.
- Must have a passion for Christ, and a dedication to a Christ-like life.
- Willingness to follow the conditions set forth in the United Brethren in Christ Discipline.
- College degree in religion and/or pastoral ministry preferred.
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred or willingness to attain.
- Experience working with youth through Sunday school, Bible study, Vacation Bible School, and/or youth programs.
- Must be able to relate well with the youth and their families, treating all with dignity and respect.
- Must pass a background check for those who work with minors.
Email resumé to JChapelPRC@gmail.com