Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center (Chambersburg, Pa.) is seeking an Executive Director for the camp. RGC is in covenant with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ and has a long history of partnership and ministry with the denomination.
Those interested in the position can email the RGC Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the camp, visit www.rhodesgrove.com. We will be receiving resumes through Monday, November 20, 2021.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will provide overall creative vision and empowering leadership for the operations, promotion, and fundraising of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center. This position will lead a full-time, part-time, seasonal, and volunteer staff necessary to fulfill the mission of Rhodes Grove.
The Executive Director will empower and encourage the creation, development, and ongoing effectiveness of all programs and activities. All functions will be performed within the stated mission and core values of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
Strategic Vision and Direction
- Works with the Board to prepare a long-range vision and strategic plan for Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center. The strategic plan includes programming, human resources, facility, financial, and fundraising. Thus, the Executive Director serves as an ex-officio member of all Board committees.
- Reports regularly to the Board the progress toward and measurement of organizational objectives, financial status of the organization, and other issues of concern.
Operational Leadership and Administration
- Develops an annual operating plan consistent with the Rhodes Grove mission, strategic plan goals, objectives, and approved budget.
- Provides fiscal responsibility of the camp stewardship.
- Develops and fosters a cooperative and cohesive team environment.
- Serves as an effective coach and mentor for the Ministry Director and the Operations Director.
- Initiates and prepares the development of organizational policies for Board approval.
- Oversees the overall staffing structures and processes having final authority in hiring and firing.
- Provides written and verbal reports related to finances, facilities, programming, and so forth at scheduled Board meetings or as needed.
Promotion and Development
- Serves as a key communicator of the mission of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center to various constituencies and stakeholders including individuals, churches, local organizations, local government, and other organizations.
- Serves as a liaison between Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center and all regulatory bodies and accrediting agencies.
- Develops, modifies, and implements Rhodes Grove’s overall marketing and camper/conference retention plans consistent with approved policies and standards.
- Takes leadership in developing and implementing Rhodes Grove’s annual fundraising plans by initiating and maintaining positive relations with donors and supportive community organizations and churches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Camping and Recreation or related field preferred; or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related organization working at the Director level. Must have supervisory experience along with programmatic and budgetary planning and control.
- Experience in resource development and fundraising is preferred.
- Must have advanced computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff members, Advisory Board members, regulatory agencies, donors, conference leaders, and campers of all ages.
- Possess a passion for God’s Word and prayer.
- Must be in agreement with Rhodes Grove’s mission, core values, and Christian beliefs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass and maintain Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearance.