The National Conference nominating committee always has an important job, especially when a new bishop will be elected. That’s the case right now.
Upon the recommendation of Bishop Ron Ramsey, Executive Leadership Team approved a nominating committee of three ministers:
- J. Michael Caley (Banner of Christ, Byron Center, Mich.). He’s the chairman.
- Greg Reed (Morning Star, Kokomo, Ind.).
- Todd Fetters (Devonshire UB, Harrisburg, Pa.).
- Greg Voight (Lancaster UB, Lancaster, Ohio).
They, in turn, selected several laypersons to serve on the committee.
The nominating committee will put together a ballot for:
- 8 members of the Executive Leadership Team (1 layperson and 1 minister from each of the four US districts).
Keeps these folks in your prayers as they go about discussing candidates and contacting people. They already held one meeting.