Atlantic Avenue UB church (Franklin, Pa.) is searching for a Worship and Creative Arts Pastor. This person will be the leader and mentor to musicians, vocalists, and all other creative arts volunteers including drama, media, video, sound, and lighting. This person will be the key coordinator/producer for all weekend and special service elements.
The candidate should have these qualities:
- Be a passionate, surrendered follower of Christ—a high-energy self-starter who is also passionate about people.
- Possess a zeal for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and worship ministry. Be a servant-leader with a heart for worship.
- Be technically-minded, organized, and looking to work in a team environment.
- Be proficient in use of technology in worship including sound, lighting, computers, video, and projection
- Possess a servant’s heart—willing to speak, to do, to go, and to minister as needed.
- Oversee Worship, Creative Arts, and programming for all services.
- Plan, organize, and lead multiple worship services.
- Continually develop gifts.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor in developing worship planning team to develop themes and integrate creative elements into a cohesive message that supports the sermon series and/or any other vital areas of church life.
- Recruit, train, and encourage members of all teams.
- Identify, develop, and disciple team leaders.
- Conduct meetings and train and equip worship ministry teams.
- Oversee application-interview-audition process for new volunteers to team.
- Supervise maintenance and acquisition of music and technology equipment.
- Maintain an authentic, surrendered, thriving relationship with Christ through ongoing spiritual disciplines
- Spend time developing relationships—both within the church and outside of the church so as to be effective in carrying out the Great Commission.
- Plan and budget for worship ministry.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in planning of programs that will fulfill the mission of the church, including participation in small groups, programs, and other ministries as directed.
- Participate in pastoral and hospital visitation as needed.
- Organize various outreach events (annual dinner theater, community acts of kindness).
- Pursue a program of personal growth and development though denominational programs and continued education.
Salary and benefits: as per United Brethren denominational recommendations
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and if possible, a link to your work (YouTube, for example) or a DVD. Send to:
Pastor Brad R. Riddle
Atlantic Avenue Church
160 Atlantic Avenue
Franklin, PA 16323
firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn. Pastor Brad)