Atlantic Avenue United Brethren Church (Franklin, Pa.) is looking for a fulltime Pastor of Children’s Ministry. This person will lead team-oriented ministry to children (birth through 6th grade) that implements exciting and creative environments where kids join in the mission of leading people in the adventure of becoming like Christ. Core responsibilities include:
- Continually develop Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programs for children.
- Lead and develop Children’s ministry teams and supporting systems.
- Facilitate family awareness of and participation in the Children’s ministry.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer teachers and teacher assistants.
- Lead the formation of a core team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Create and implement an annual ministry plan and budget.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry as part of the AAUB staff team.
Atlantic Avenue is a growing evangelical church located in western Pennsylvania. The city of Franklin has a population of roughly 6,000 people, more than 10% of whom regularly attend our church. The truth of the Gospel is paramount in every aspect of our ministry. We truly believe and attempt to live out our vision of seeing “Everyone become a fully surrendered follower of Jesus Christ.”
We have an average attendance of 570 in our three Sunday morning services, the messages are contextually relevant and apply directly to people’s lives, our worship is alive and contemporary in style, and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and extremely friendly. To find out more about us, please visit our website at www.aaubchurch.org.
Preferred starting date: before June 7, 2015.
For a complete job description, download this PDF.
In interested, contact Senior Pastor Gary Small by email or call the church office at 814-437-3945.
(Posted January 23, 2015)