Fall enrollment at Huntington University stands at 1,209. That’s an 8% increase over 2013.
The graduate programs grew across the board, increasing from 69 to 134 students. That included:
- 32 students (the maximum allowed) in the new doctorate in occupational therapy program.
- A 60% increase in the graduate counseling program.
- New graduate programs in ministry and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
Meanwhile, at the undergraduate level:
- There are 977 traditional undergraduate students, a 3% bump from fall 2013.
- The 87% retention rate of freshmen to sophomores is the highest in the university’s history.
Once again, it’s a diverse class.
- Students come from 35 different states, including such far-flung states as Maine, South Carolina, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, and Hawaii.
- 9% of the students are ethnic minorities.
- 41 international students represent 20 countries, including Argentina, Honduras, Uruguay, and Saudi Arabia.