Cochranton Community Church (Cochranton, Pa.) is looking to hire a fulltime staff person to serve as Pastor of Student and Family Life. The person would start as soon as practical.
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to child and youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. Fostering spiritual development for the entire family by providing resources and opportunities for parents to learn and excel in their ability to create a Christ-centered environment in the home.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s and student ministry (cradle through 12 grade).
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Work closely with current and future student leaders for training, equipping and encouragement.
- Provide opportunities for students to serve within the church and community.
- Create a presence in the community by building relationships with local middle school and high school leadership.
- Recruit and equip lay leaders for all areas of Family Ministries.
- Help plan, organize, and oversee our Sunday morning children’s activities (Orange curriculum), and Sunday evening student activities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Lead meetings with volunteers and parents to increase communication and address any concerns.
- Support and guide the work of the Youth Commission and the Christian Education (CE) Commission in directing monthly planning sessions, prudently overseeing commission budgets and annually evaluating the achievements, vision, and goals of both ministries.
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth and recruit teachers in partnership with the Christian Education Commission chair.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. Motzing Center, visitation, times of crisis, etc.).
- Build relationships with parents for ongoing ministry opportunities.
- Be the “cheerleader” for the mission and values of the Church.
- Assist with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (pastoral care, leadership, teaching, preaching etc.).
- Overseeing and attending all Kamp 4 Kids meetings and activities.
Bachelor Degree in Ministry/related subject or Highschool Diploma/GED along with at least 4 years of youth/ministry related experience.
- Average work week will consist of 45-50 per week with two days off per week (hours include evenings, weekends, and extracurricular work-related activities). This would include 20-30 hours per week in the office on average (can include a reasonable amount of personal devotion/study time). Remote office work may occasionally be permitted with approval from the Senior Pastor.
- Attend the worship service when not participating in children’s activities.
- Teach and/or provide teachers for the Sunday morning student Bible classes.
- Be on time or early to all meetings and events.
- Work towards UB licensing and ordination.
Forward cover letter and resume to Senior Pastor John Authenreith at: email@example.com