31 Oct UB Church Planters Gather for Two Days
Six UB ministers involved in church planting situations met near Blissfield, Mich., on October 28-29 for two days of learning, encouragement, and fellowship. The event, sponsored by the Church Multiplication Leadership Team and UB Church Multiplication Director Tom Blaylock, was held at two cabins next to The Legacy golf course.
The church planters included:
- Thurm Payton (Lighthouse Community Church, Williamston, Mich.).
- Cal Hodgson (Heritage UB, Dansville, Mich.).
- Dalton Jenkins (Bethel Temple of Praise, Yonkers, N.Y.).
- Howard Matthews (Homefront UB, Grandville, Mich.).
- Bryan Converse (Family Life Church, Maineville, Ohio).
- Gordon Kettle (soon to be planting a church in Grand Ledge, Mich.).
Three other church planters were unable to attend. Also attending were Bishop Ron Ramsey, Healthy Church Director Pat Jones, Global Ministries Director Gary Dilley, Communications Director Steve Dennie, and Bob Ransom of the Missionary Church.
Tim Roehl, who serves in a church planting role with the Evangelical Church, was the resource person. He led everyone through a notebook and presentations which hit various aspects of church planting. Click on the thumbnails below for a larger view of photos from the event.
|Tim Roehl talking to the group.||Cal Hodgson (left) and Tom Blaylock.|
|Bishop Ron Ramsey talking to the group.||Gordon Kettle (left) and Dalton Jenkins.|
|L-r: Tom Blaylock, Thurm Payton, and Cal Hodgson.||The group having prayer for Bryan Converse.|