22 Oct 2015 Enrollment at Huntington University
The official numbers have been released for fall 2015 enrollment at Huntington University. The total enrollment of 1,273 students is the largest enrollment over the past five years, with a 5 percent increase from 2014. Over 120 students identify as members of a United Brethren in Christ congregation.
The numbers are as follows:
- Residential Campus Undergrads – 934.
- Professional Programs – 78.
- Graduate Students – 261 (+126 from 2014).
- Total Enrollment – 1273 (+64 from 2014).
Some notes about the current student body.
- There are 47 international students, which is an increase from 38 students in 2014. International student enrollment is at its highest point since the 1980s.
- Overall student diversity is at 10% of overall student enrollment.
- The largest area of growth comes from graduate programs in Counseling with the launch of the Townsend Institute, and the development of the Master’s in Organizational Leadership.
- The growth in graduate programs was further fueled by the addition of 32 new students in the Doctorate of Occupational Therapy program, for a total of 64 students. The program accepts a maximum of 32 new students per year.
- Strong numbers in programs like Digital Media Arts, Business, Nursing, Ministry, and Education continue to provide the foundation for undergraduate offerings.
- The University successfully launched the Haupert Institute for Agricultural Studies this fall. It now has 16 students, of whom 12 are first-time freshmen.