28 Sep HU Homecoming October 1-2
Huntington University will celebrate its homecoming weekend October 1-2. This year’s theme, “Celebrating the Arts — HU style,” is in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Merillat Centre for the Arts.
These alumni awards will be presented on Saturday at 12:30 in the lower level of the Habecker Dining Commons:
- David Moss, Class of ’83, will receive the 2010 Distinguished Alumni Citation. He is being given this award because of his mission field work in Sisak, Croatia, teaching the young men of that city about baseball and the love of Christ Jesus.
- Andrew Hoffman, Class of ’03, will receive the 2010 Young Alumnus Award. As the executive director of NeighborLink Fort Wayne.
- Nancy Hull, Class of ’74, has been named the 2010 Alumnus of the Year. Hull is fully committed to the advancement of the literary field through her active involvement in the Youth Writing Festival and the Festival of Faith Writing at Calvin College, where she is an assistant professor of English.
Also included in the weekend’s itinerary will be several events for people of all ages, including athletic events, theater performances and a parade. Then wrapping up the weekend’s schedule will be Davis Hall Follies, to take place in Zurcher Auditorium.
Saturday’s schedule includes:
- Men’s soccer game against Taylor University at 3 p.m.
- The Davis Hall Follies, 7 and 9:30 p.m. in Zurcher Auditorium.