20 Jan Benefit Concert for Mission of Hope
Huntington University has as partnership with Star 88.3. a contemporary Christian radio station in Fort Wayne, Ind.
On Sunday night, January 17, Star 88.3 hosted a benefit concert for Haiti at Pathway Community Church in Fort Wayne. About 250 people attended. Money raised went to Mission of Hope, a Haitian charity run by HU graduates Brad and Vanessa Johnson.
An article about the event in the online Journal-Gazette gave this information:
- All 80 orphans in the charity’s care were alive.
- Mission of Hope’s emergency food stores provided 100,000 meals to Haitians on Saturday, January 16.
- Mission of Hope is being used as a makeshift hospital for the United Nations and US authorities.
- More trucks were needed to transport supplies.
- At least two Mission of Hope teachers were killed in the earthquake.
NBC Nightly News ran a segment on Mission of Hope on January 19.