27 Aug Mission Team Training Kicks Off
The first of five leadership training events took place August 22-23 at Salem United Brethren Church in Chambersburg, Pa. The sessions focused on developing effective short-term mission teams and covered the nuts and bolts of putting it all together like a pro.
Here are a few comments from those who attended:
- “Everyone, whether a team leader or not, needs to attend one of these training events. Anyone can benefit from the information and can use a lot of it in their home lives and on the mission field.”
- “The team building activities were fantastic and relevant to team preparation.”
- “The Seven-Step Process will help us bring the church along for the trip–something we have not been able to do.”
- “I understand Global Ministries better and see how helpful they’re willing to be in the process of planning, preparation, and supporting throughout.”
Additional training events will be held:
- September 12-13: Emmanuel Community Church (Fort Wayne, Ind.).
- October 3-4: Crossroads UB Church (Charlotte, Mich.)
- November 14-15: Lancaster UB Church (Lancaster, Ohio)
The cost for the two-day event is $60.