05 Jun Church History Class Finishing Up
To receive a national conference ministerial license, you must complete the UB church history course. That class has been meeting since Monday at Huntington University, and will conclude today. One attendee is Jeff Bleijerveld, our new Director of Global Ministries, who is preparing to transfer his ordination from the Missionary Church USA.
Here are the class members from the photo, left to right (click the image for a larger photo):
- Marvin Schwartz, senior pastor of New Horizons UB church (Rockford, Ohio) since May 25.
- Jeff Bleijerveld, Director of Global Ministries.
- Warrick Fuller, from Devonshire Church (Harrisburg, Pa.). He holds a local church license. (He’s got a blog.)
- Doug Moyer, youth pastor of Lancaster UB (Lancaster, Ohio).
- Dustin Staples, youth pastor of Atlantic Avenue UB (Franklin, Pa.).
- Steve Henry, senior pastor of Victory Heights UB (Franklin, Pa.).
- Dr. Howard Cherry, the teacher.
- John Schadle, associate youth pastor at Fowlerville UB (Fowlerville, Mich.).
- Brad Kittle, currently pastor of Findlay Evangelical Congregational Church (Findlay, Ohio).
- Thurm Payton, senior pastor of Lighthouse UB (Williamston, Mich.).
Dr. Howard Cherry, who served in the HU Graduate School of Christian Ministries until 1992, has been teaching the course for nearly 20 years.