The Women’s Ministry Leadership Team has completed its first year. Kathy Bruce, who chairs the team, reports, “It was a busy year, as we got established and focused, and began meeting women’s leaders in our UB churches. We hope to bring that focus and encouragement to the local women’s leaders even more in 2003. Here are some of the things we have done:
- “We identified our focus to be “Women Equipping Women.”
- “Representatives of the WMLT attended most attended annual conference meetings. We set up a resource table and began contacting women’s leaders.
- “We established our own website, ubwomen.org, for information, resources, and an email system for contacting individuals.
- “We set up an internet bulletin board for swapping ideas, and have had a very successful response of women writing in with questions and ideas.
- “We distributed our first Women’s Ministry Newsletter to each church and to our email contact list. It is a resource for fresh ideas and encouragement.
- “We have called or written each UB church, attempting to identify a women’s contact in each of the UB churches nationwide.
- “The WMLT members completed training in the Sonlife Strategy and Advanced 1 for Women’s Ministry leaders. We plan to begin teaching this biblical approach at our July conference and then locally for women’s groups.
- “We established networks with women’s ministry leaders in other denominations to share ideas and strategies
- “We are now planning for the National Women’s Conference, to be held July 25-27, 2003, at Huntington College in Huntington, Ind. The theme is, “Women Equipping Women: His Plan, His Way, His Glory.”
- “We have also started to plan for the International UB Conference in 2005.
“We do ask again for your financial support and prayer in that effort. We ask that UB women support the ministry by giving $20.03 in 2003. These funds will be used to provide training, sponsor future conferences, and increase our resources to be Women Equipping Women in the United Brethren Church, nationwide. Send to: WMLT, 302 Lake St., Huntington, Ind. 46750.”