14 Jun Updates from Macau
Our director in Macau sent this update on June 12.
- Jen Blandin and I had a wonderful trip to Taiwan. I did lots of sleeping, reading, eating, and swimming. I also did a couple of jigsaw puzzles, one of my favorite pastimes. It was a very relaxing and refreshing time. I even found a corn dog stand…a nice American treat!
- This week three new women came to our Women’s Bible Study. Praise the Lord for students who are encouraging others to attend. Pray that these women will connect well with the other women to become a tight part of the group.
- Michael, who used to be our secretary and then left to receive cell group leadership training, has decided to return to work with us fulltime starting this August. We are so thankful that we’ll finally have a local coworker here on Taipa. Pray for Michael and for our Taipa planning team as they work out the details for his new position.
- Last week a woman who attends Bible Study regularly had to unexpectedly have surgery to remove her gall bladder. We had many opportunities to visit with her, her husband, and her daughter while she was in the hospital. Pray that their family will move a step closer to faith in God through all they experienced of God’s family last week.
- During the week of June 14, Ruth Ann Price, an experienced missionary with Wycliffe, will be coming to do team development with our team. Pray that this will be a good time for Jen, David, Melissa, and me to grow closer together and find new ways we can cooperate as we serve together here.