Jana, Global Ministries staff in Macau, sent these items on June 29.
- “Karis Vong is celebrating her tenth year as pastor of Living Water Church this month. I’m so thankful for her friendship all of these years I’ve been in Macau. Praise the Lord for her faithfulness in serving Him.
- “Summer classes have started. I’m teaching one class for Primary 1-3 students and another for Kindergarten students each Tuesday through Friday afternoon. I enjoy this chance to work with children. Pray that these kids will come to understand the gospel through our daily Bible times together.
- “Two teams will be coming in July from the States to work with us. Pray for them as they prepare to join us in ministry. We’re thankful for the extra help and energy they’ll bring this summer!”
Jennifer Blandin sent these items on July 1.
- “June 1 marked the beginning of new roles for Jana and me on the UB Team. Jana is enjoying the chance to refocus her energy on spending time with people, teaching, and doing evangelism. I am wading through lots of stuff as I try to figure out and take on the role of Team Leader for the UB missionary staff in Macau. Gary Dilley is now our remote field director, which is an added responsibility for him, as well as a new style of leadership for the Macau team. Please keep us in your prayers as we work to adjust to this new structure.
- “Starting in July, Michael Chan, one of our former secretaries, will be doing a ministry internship with us out at the Taipa Center. Michael has been taking a yearlong program in how to develop cell groups. In August he will be joining our staff full time as a ministry layperson. We are very excited, and thankful, to have a local person join our staff at the ELP Center!
- “Athletes are always talking about needing to take their game to a new level. If you really want to win, you need to look deep inside and play at a higher level. In April, I wrote about a trip I took with some ladies from our English classes. They are a great bunch of ladies. Up until that trip, I would say we had a decent friendship. If we got together, we would always have fun. After that trip, deep friendships have develop. At this level, I’m learning more about what is on these ladies’ hearts and they are learning more about what I care about and the concerns I have. Just as it is for athletes to take it to the next level to win the big games, as Christians we also need to take it to a deeper level with people we know to be sure Christ is reaching them at the level they are at.”