On September 17, Rev. Winston Smith, Superintendent of Jamaica Conference, wrote, “I visited most of the worse hit areas (Clarendon, Manchester and St. Andrew) and here is an update of the damages done to our people and churches:
- Pastors Donald Dacres and Trevor Williams have lost their roofs.
- Approximately six members from New Green, Battersea, Halse Hall and Mount Prospect churches either lost their roofs or had their roofs partially damaged.
- A member of the Mount Pleasant church lost his house because of land-slide.
- New Green and New Bowens churches had their roofs partially damaged.
- The New Gardens church lost its roof.