The Administrative Assistant will report to the US Bishop. He/she will primarily support the Bishop and other staff at the United Brethren National Office in Huntington, Ind.
Seeking an individual who is
- Highly organized and effective in all communication skills.
- Highly skilled in various computer software and applications, with database knowledge a plus.
- Enjoys getting into the details and solving problems.
- Responds well to regular interruptions.
- Works effectively in collaboration with others or on his/her own without direction.
- Exhibits a servant attitude, working with various types of personalities and situations.
- Provides administrative assistance to the bishop, through calendar scheduling, phone call and guest screening, email responding on his/her behalf, and report and/or letter writing.
- Assists bishop and directors with travel details, including hotel selection, hotel and airline reservations, car rentals, and insurance. Performs monthly reconciliation of receipts.
- Administrates telephone, reception, and mail activities, in coordination with other office staff.
- Prepares and mails materials to ministers and/or churches as directed and scheduled by the bishop’s office, or as scheduled in the procedure manual.
- Maintains accurate records for ministers and churches, including but not limited to correspondence, annual reports, and licensing documentation.
- Serves as recorder for leadership teams as directed by the bishop. Assures the accurate and timely filing of minutes and meeting materials, forwarding originals to Archives as the procedure manual instructs.
- Communicates with leadership teams as necessary for the carrying out of their duties in between meetings.
- Assists leadership team members with travel details as needed.
- Works in cooperation with the Events Coordinator in instances when required.
- Coordinates and oversees volunteers to carry out projects that require additional manpower.
- Performs all job duties as outlined in the Administrative Assistant Procedures Manual and keeps the manual current with changing processes.
The individual chosen for this position should be competent in:
- Microsoft Office and Mac platforms
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Administrative writing and reporting
- File retrieval systems
If interested, please email your resume to Bishop Todd Fetters as: email@example.com.