Staff Opening: Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship (Wilshire, Ohio)
Praise Point UB church in Wilshire, Ohio, is looking to hire a fulltime Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship.
Ministry Purpose: To lead and oversee middle and high school ministries by developing a balance of winning young people to Christ, teaching them the Scriptures, and training them in Christlikeness and foster the Transformation that Holy Spirit produces. Secondly, to shepherd the people of Praise Point by developing inspiring worship services that encourage corporate engagement.
- To live a life of holiness that pursues Christ and Christlikeness (Ephesians 5:1, 1 Corinthians 11:1)
- To be committed to a life of discipleship and discipling (1 John 2:3-6, Matthew 28:19-20)
- To honor the duties of the elder (Titus 1:5-9)
- To acknowledge scripture as the divinely inspired word of God, inerrant in its original languages (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Provide vision and direction for the youth ministry
- Facilitate and encourage young people to embrace Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Build & equip students for life & ministry by helping identify gifts and talents
- Facilitate student engagement with the church by using the above identified gifts/talents
- Develop a positive & ongoing relationship with the youth and their families both in and out of the ministry context
- Recruit, oversee, and train volunteers for youth ministries
- Facilitate small group and 1 on 1 discipleship opportunities
- Plan and lead creative corporate worship gatherings utilizing piano or guitar (guitar preferred)
- Arrange and coordinate song selection to facilitate corporate engagement and teach biblical truth
- Utilize the worship rubric alongside the developed standards in choosing the songs and elements of the worship gathering.
- Lead and manage a team of 20+ volunteers while coordinating rotations and scheduling
- Schedule and coordinate rehearsals for Sunday gatherings as well as special services
- Facilitate the usage and upkeep of the audio, video, and lighting technology deployed by the church
- Oversee copyright compliance
- Facilitate the continued growth of skills and talents within the worship and tech teams
- Develop relationships with worship team volunteers both within the ministry context and outside of it.
- In consultation with the pastors and church leadership, capture a vision for and philosophy of youth ministry
- Articulate and implement that vision and philosophy of ministry with and through other staff and volunteers who participate in leading said students
- Develop a vision for what the artistic worship looks like within Praise Point.
- Develop 3-5 year strategic plans for the youth, worship, and tech areas of ministry
- Establish standards for worship gatherings and the elements that make them up.
Directly accountable to and under the supervision of the Lead Pastor
Secondary accountability to Elders
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, worship leadership, biblical studies, or other comparable studies (preferred but not necessary)
- 3 years of experience in worship and youth leadership
- Must be able to pass a background check
Salary & Benefits
- Full Time Salary Package (Starting): $45K-$55K
- Paid Vacation
℅ Brad Kittle
Praise Point Church
555 Decatur Rd.
Willshire, OH 45898
Office phone: 419-495-2074
Pastor Brad’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org