The UB Association will sponsor a three-hour workshop on Saturday, March 21. The topic:
“A Sure Foundation: How to Take a Stand o Shifting Social Issues Based on the Sure Foundation of Scripture.”
Date: March 21, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to noon
Location: Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center, 7693 Brown’s Mill Road, Chambersburg, Pa.
This workshop is a “how-to” on developing personal convictions and group positions on controversial issues. It will cover such areas as:
- How do we reconcile scientific evidence and Bible truth?
- How do we embody compassion and understanding?
- How do we use the bible as our guide?
- How do we preserve our unity when others are dividing?
Hear an academic dean, a Christian attorney, and a seminary resident share their experience of leading their denomination through controversies in a way that resulted in a business session that ended with a spontaneous standing ovation.
The facilitators are:
- Dr. Luke Fetters, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty at Huntington University, Huntington, Ind. Dr. Fetters is an ordained UB minister, and a former UB missionary and pastor.
- Joni Michaud is an attorney in Michigan. She is a member of Pleasant Valley UB church in Lake Odessa, Mich., and is a member of the denominational Executive Leadership Team.
- Dr. Anthony L. Blair is president of Evangelical Seminary in Myerstown, Pa. He is an ordained UB minister.
This three-hour workshop is free of charge, but seating is limited, and registration is required. To register, telephone 717-375-4162 or e-mail email@example.com
For more information, a bulletin insert and online registration, visit www.ubassociation.org
Optional Lunch $12.00: make check payable to Rhodes Grove Camp