23 Aug Staff Opening: Worship Arts/Student Ministry in Caro, Mich.
Colwood Church (Caro, Mich.) is presenting an opportunity for a dual-role in leading in both Worship Arts and Student Ministry to grades 6-12. We are seeking to hire someone full-time with a passion for making disciple-makers in a rural area of Michigan and loving people towards a Christ-first life.
Competencies and Expectations
- Displays a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced in action, attitude and behavior.
- Displays a passion for leading people in worship and discipling students.
- Embraces the Mission Principles of Colwood Church.
- Is a reliable, trustworthy professional self-starter and has excellent follow-through.
- Is a problem-solver through innovation, creativity, and adaptation.
- Employs top-notch leadership skills that work well within a team and seeks to develop others.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy relationships with others.
- Exhibits a heart for personal growth and coachability.
- Is willing to work towards licensing in the United Brethren in Christ Church.
- Coordinating and leading Colwood’s Worship Team for weekend worship gatherings.
- Scheduling and developing vocalists and musicians.
- Developing weekly service order, including song selection and order of worship elements.
- Coordinating the tech team for weekend worship gatherings and special events.
- Directing weekend online church and livestream.
- Communicating and collaborating worship themes and graphics with appropriate leaders.
- Coordinating and leading weekly student ministry programming.
- Developing and leading the student worship team.
- Recruiting and discipling both adult and student volunteer leaders.
- -Communicating with volunteers, parents, and congregation personally and with media.
- Planning and organizing special events.
- Having an active community presence.
- Maintaining the student center and technology.
- Maintaining partnership with local area churches and Youth For Christ (encouraged).
- Developing, empowering, and equipping student leadership through a disciple-making model.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field preferred.
- Experience preferred.