21 Jun Position: Interim Executive Director of Rhodes Grove Camp
Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center (Chambersburg, Pa.) is seeking an Interim Executive Director for the camp. RGC is in covenant with the Church of the United Brethren in Christ and has a long history of partnership and ministry with the denomination.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Interim Executive Director will provide overall leadership for the operations, promotion, and fundraising of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center. This position will lead full-time, part-timen and seasonal staff necessary to fulfill the mission of Rhodes Grove.
The Interim Executive Director will empower and encourage the creation, development, and ongoing effectiveness of all programs and activities. All functions will be performed within the stated mission and core values of Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
Strategic Vision and Direction
Reports regularly to the Board the progress toward and measurement of organizational objectives, financial status of the organization, and other issues of concern.
Operational Leadership and Administration
- Follows annual operating plan, consistent with the Rhodes Grove mission, strategic plan and goals, objectives, and approved budget.
- Provides fiscal responsibility of the camp, stewardship.
- Develops and fosters a cooperative and cohesive team environment.
- Serves as an effective coach and mentor for the Ministry Director and the Operations Director.
- Provides written and verbal reports related to finances, facilities, programming, and so forth at scheduled Board meetings or as needed.
- Supervises RGC personnel to ensure that all policies, procedures are followed and operational responsibilities are maintained.
Promotion and Development
- Serves as a liaison between Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center and all regulatory bodies and accrediting agencies.
- Implements Rhodes Grove’s overall marketing and camper/conference retention plans consistent with approved policies and standards.
- Takes leadership in implementing Rhodes Grove’s annual fundraising plans by maintaining positive relations with donors and supportive community organizations and churches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Camping and Recreation or related field preferred; or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related organization working at the Director level. Must have supervisory experience along with programmatic and budgetary planning and control
- Must have advanced computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff members, Advisory Board members, regulatory agencies, donors, conference leaders, and campers of all ages.
- Possess a passion for God’s Word and prayer.
- Must be in agreement with Rhodes Grove’s mission, core values and Christian beliefs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass and maintain Criminal Background Checks and Child Abuse Clearances.