14 Feb Position Opening: Director of Worship in Chambersburg, Pa.
Salem UB church (Chambersburg, Pa.) is searching for a Director of Worship. This is a part-time salaried position requiring 20-25 hours per week, and the church anticipates that it will transition into a fulltime position.
Salem re-evaluated the needs of their worship ministry in light of their plan to relocate in about a year to the NorthPointe Business Center, about 1.5 miles from the current location. The position will include these tasks:
- Single-handedly lead contemporary worship on lead instrument and with vocals when other musicians are not available
- Work closely with the pastor to develop the vision of Salem’s worship ministry
- With pastoral collaboration, plan weekly traditional and contemporary worship experiences using creative elements and spoken bridges to draw congregational worship into a time of purposeful attention toward God
- Work with Salem’s musicians where they are at and coach them both in skill improvement and the ability to worship God while singing or playing their instrument
- Recruit musicians for worship team from within the church and, if necessary, work with worship directors from area churches to identify under-utilized talent and use them at Salem to supplement the team of Salem’s musicians
- Develop worship team musicians into competent worship leaders (when possible) through skill coaching and personal example
- Select worship songs for the weekly contemporary service and provide the music to worship team musicians
- Conduct weekly worship team rehearsals
- Create slides of song lyrics for both worship services each week
- Collaborate with the pastor to plan special worship services for holidays
- Evaluate musicians and select appropriate ones to provide special music pieces for use in worship
- Work with the director of Salem’s Audio/Visual ministry to provide appropriate audio-visual support for worship services
- Pursue opportunities for personal and professional growth via training workshops, seminars, etc. Costs will be covered by the church upon prior approval of the event or program
- Work with Salem’s finance director to set and stay within the yearly worship ministry budget
- If available and willing, may also assist with establishing a team of teen musicians to lead worship in youth group settings
Download this PDF for the complete job description, including qualifications.
Persons interested in this position should email a cover letter and resume (PDF format preferred) to Senior Pastor Jason Bakker at email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
(Posted February 14, 2019)