26 Jul Position Opening: Community Worship Leader in Grandville, Mich.
Homefront UB church (Grandville, Mich.) is seeking a part-time Community Worship Leader. This person reports to the Head Pastor, and the position requires an average of 10-15 hours per week. You can download the complete job description here.
Required tasks include:
- Choose songs in consultation with the pastor and/or worship planning team.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with members of the HomeFront community (using outside musicians only when absolutely necessary).
- Present a weekly musical service including spoken bridges and other liturgical elements that seek to draw attention to God and away from the individuals.
- Provide musical elements for other programming throughout the year as needed.
- Provide leadership both musically and personally for the members of the music team.
- Serve on the Staff Board to carry out the vision set by the Elders.
- A dynamic relationship with God that involves observable growth in a personal faith journey.
- Strong personal musicality both on a lead instrument and vocally.
- Proficient in public speaking.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in communication and conflict resolution.
- Must be willing to a member of HomeFront church and participate in the life of the church outside of job responsibilities.
- Degree in worship/music studies or working toward a degree in those areas.
- Proficiency in multiple instruments and musical theory.