07 May Updates from Jana Hoobler
May 7, 2003 |0 Comments
- On Good Friday, Living Water Church held a foot-washing service. Living Word Church had a simple potluck at one church member’s home, followed by a time of worship and reflection. On Saturday, Living Word Church took over 20 children on a field trip to Coloane, one of Macau’s islands.
- On Easter Sunday, both churches held evangelistic meetings. In the afternoon Living Water Church had a picnic, hiking, and paddleboat rides at a reservoir.
- We had a good Easter Celebration on Taipa on Sunday evening. It wasn’t as big of a crowd as we’ve had for some other events, but most of these are the families of women who are attending English Bible Studies. Pray that a core group of believers will develop on Taipa!
- On March 30, the Macau United Brethren in Christ Association celebrated its 15th anniversary. Representatives from Living Water Church, Living Word Church, the ELP, and Hong Kong Conference participated in a worship celebration service. Hong Kong Superintendent Peter Lee gave us a quick history lesson on the denomination and Hong Kong Pastor Mark Choi shared the message for the afternoon. We are thankful for God’s faithfulness over the past 15 years!
- We need wisdom as we plan for events this summer–English classes for adults, teens, and children, and VBS. Many things are up in the air due to the continuing SARS concerns.
- The government still has not accepted our financial reports for our first year-and-a-half of ELP classes on Taipa. They are asking more and more questions concerning how the income from our classes is used to support our church work. Pray that they will approve the reports without us having to make any major changes in how our finances are set up and that we’ll be granted non-profit status. This continues to be a stressful and time-consuming process, especially for Jennifer Blandin.