17 Jan Updates from Jennifer Blandin
January 17, 2003 |0 Comments
Jennifer Blandin writes from Macau about events during the Christmas season.
- December 21 featured a Christmas party for the children’s fellowship at Living Word church. They played games, shared about the Christmas story, and ate some snacks.
- On December 22, Living Word had an outreach service. Two UB ladies from Hong Kong came to help Pastor Connie Sung with planning and leading. After the service, everyone stayed for a catered buffet at the church.
- On Christmas Eve, a few kids, the missionaries, and Connie Sung met at the church. One person carried a cassette recorder that blared out Cantonese Christmas carols, while a couple other people carried two boxes that contained wrapped gifts, and the rest of them passed out the gifts to anyone they encountered on the sidewalk. “The reactions we received were priceless,” Jennifer says. Afterwards, Connie treated everyone at Pizza Hut. Then they headed to St. Paul’s ruins to listen to community Christmas caroling.
- On December 30, the Living Word church family gathered at a buffet restaurant for a relaxing meal together.
- Jennifer, along with fellow missionaries Melissa Hull and Linda Neely, took a short retreat to Hong Kong.