A Centennial Celebration will be held at the Carson City Christian Camping Center Sunday, August 23. A service will be held at the tabernacle at 3 pm, followed by dessert served in the pavilion. A potluck supper will be served in the pavilion at 5 pm, followed by camp meeting at 7 pm.
In 1914, the North Michigan Conference of the United Brethren in Christ Conference paid $15 to lease a piece of property from Mr. George Knowles. They wanted to use the land, located 2.5 miles north of Carson City, Mich., for camp meeting and annual conference.
By 1920, the 40 acres had been purchased and the tabernacle built. The original floor was sand, covered with marsh hay. (Emma Hull said this was a soft place to lay her babies.) The new cement floor was added in the 1940s. Camp meeting has been held there for 100 years.
Camp meeting this year will feature mostly local ministers, with a different speaker and music each night. The schedule is as follows:
- Sunday, August 23. Message by Rev. Andrew Stahl, music by Shepherdsville Youth.
- Monday, Aug. 24. Fourteen Stations of the Cross, music by Josh Mayes.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25. Message by Rev. Charlie Bellinger, music by Crystal Lake Community Church.
- Wednesday, Aug. 26 . Message by Rev. Larry Austin, music by Open Door.
- Thursday, Aug. 27. To be supplied (come and be surprised).
- Friday, Aug. 28. Messsage by Rev. Brian Wicks.
- Saturday, Aug. 29. Message by Rev. Birt Cooper, music by the Yoders.