Five incoming Huntington University freshmen have been awarded the Horizon Leadership Scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Allison Amstutz, of Berne, Ind., plans to major in nursing.
- Jessica Bombino, of St. John, Ind., plans to be a youth ministries major.
- Leah Ness, of Huntington, Ind., plans to study accounting.
- Hannah Priskorn, of Auburn, Ind., plans to be a psychology major.
- Selina Pohl, of Lansing, Mich., plans to be a nursing major.
A collaboration between Huntington University and Youth for Christ, the Horizon Leadership Scholarship was begun in 2008 to attract and retain students of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. The scholarship covers the recipient’s tuition and room-and-board for up to 10 semesters. This is made possible through a blend of federal, state, and institutional aid. Recipients are required to achieve and uphold a standard of academic performance, community service, and spiritual and social growth.