The 2015-2017 Executive Leadership Team
On July 16, the US National Conference elected eight persons to the Executive Leadership Team–one minister and one layperson from each of the four regions. Another four persons were appointed by the ELT in mid-August.
Staggered terms were implemented with this National Conference to provide some continuity. All members previously served two-year terms. Now, the eight elected members will serve four-year terms, with half of them being elected every two years. To get the stagger in place, this year half of the ELT members were elected to two-year terms and half were elected to four-year terms. Beginning in 2017, with the stagger in place, everyone will be elected to four-year terms.
Bishop Todd Fetters nominated four persons for appointment to the Executive Leadership Team, and all four were approved by the ELT via online voting. They will serve two-year terms.
Here are the members of the 2015-2017 Executive Leadership Team. The third person listed with each district is the person appointed.
Everything east of western Pennsylvania
- Clergy: 2 years. Dennis Sites (left), senior pastor of Jerusalem Chapel (Churchville, Va.).
- Lay: 4 years. Sherwood Cook (middle), a retired construction administrator from Mount Pleasant UB church (Chambersburg, Pa.).
- Lay appointee: 2 years. Janis Creason (right), a county treasurer from Devonshire Church (Harrisburg, Pa.).
Ohio, Kentucky, western Pennsylvania
- Clergy: 4 years. Greg Voight (left), senior pastor of Lancaster UB church (Lancaster, Ohio).
- Lay: 2 years. Todd Rhoades (middle), a writer and website administrator on Christian leadership issues from New Hope Community Church (Bryan, Ohio).
- Clergy appointee: 2 years. Andy Sikora (right), founding pastor and senior pastor of Renew Communities (Berea, Ohio)>
The state of Michigan
- Clergy: 4 years. Randy Carpenter (left), senior pastor of Sunfield UB church (Sunfield, Mich.).
- Lay: 2 years. Bob Tobey (middle), a retired schoolteacher from Colwood UB church (Caro, Mich.).
- Clergy appointee: 2 years. Mark Wilson (right), senior pastor of Fowlerville UB church (Fowerville, Mich.).
Indiana and all points west
- Clergy: 2 years. Gary Dilley (left), former Director of Global Ministries and current senior pastor of College Park UB church (Huntington, Ind.).
- Lay: 4 years. Kevin Smith (middle), national sales manager of Romar MEC/Fit Up Gear from Zanesville UB church (Zanesville, Ind.).
- Lay appointee: 2 years. Tomi Cardin (right), executive director of Redemption House Ministries, from Anchor UB church (Fort Wayne, Ind.).
Five of them were re-elected from the 2013-2015 team: Dennis Sites, Sherwood Cook, Greg Voight, Bob Tobey, and Gary Dilley. All four appointees, both women, and 5 of the 6 laypersons are new to the ELT.
You can also view them here.