Cochranton Community Church (Cochranton, Pa.) is looking for a fulltime Pastor of Family Life.
The Pastor of Family Life is the advocate for the generations of the church, and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. This would include a strong emphasis and participation in middle/high school ministries. This person is also an advocate for the parents of these young people, because they are in the greatest position to influence their children.
Areas of responsibility
- The Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college and to their parents.
- At least two years of experience in this area of ministry or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Qualities include:
- Demonstrates a strong, vibrant, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a passion for God’s Word and the Gospel.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to relate to children, students, parents, staff, and congregation.
- Demonstrates a vision and passion for children (preschool through 5th grade), and students (Middle and High School), their parents, and the community.
- Excels at leading and developing leaders.
- Enjoys collaborative ministry and thrives in a team setting.
- Can bring fresh thinking to our strategies with children, students, and parents.
- Strong ability to lead, communicate, plan, organize, and delegate effectively.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s and student ministry (cradle through 12 grade).
- Work closely with current and future student leaders for training, equipping, and encouragement.
- Provide opportunities for students to serve within the church and community.
- Create a presence in the community by building relationships with middle school and high school leadership.
- Recruit and equip lay leaders.
- Help plan, organize, and oversee our Sunday morning children’s activities (Orange curriculum), and Sunday evening student activities.
- Lead meetings with volunteers and parents to increase communication and address any concerns.
- Build relationships with parents for ongoing ministry.
- Be the “cheerleader” for the mission and values of the church.
- Assist with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (pastoral care, leadership, teaching, preaching etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: Fall 2018
Send resumes and inquiries to: Pastor John Authenreith.