25 Jan Opening: Worship Associate in Chambersburg, Pa.
King Street UB church (Chambersburg, Pa.) is currently searching for a fulltime Worship Associate.
Purpose. Provide leadership, planning, and artist development for a contemporary worship context in partnership with the Pastor of Contemporary Worship and the Pastor of Worship and Care. Provide leadership and oversight for student worship teams that support worship experiences for the church’s elementary (grades 1-5) and student (grades 6-12) ministries.
Accountability. The Worship Associate will report to the Pastor of Contemporary Worship and be accountable to the KSC Board of Administration.
- Provide leadership for one contemporary worship service
- Recruit, develop, schedule, and lead multiple teams of musicians and vocalists for contemporary worship services under the leadership of the Pastor of Contemporary Worship
- Assist in planning and organizing of special events and concerts
- Serve as a substitute worship leader for other services as needed
- Provide leadership for worship experiences in elementary and student ministries by:
- Recruit and develop teams (biblically and musically) of student worship leaders
- Partner with the Student ministry teams to plan and provide meaningful worship experiences for programs and events
- Work with the Elementary Coordinator in planning worship experiences in the Children’s Ministry Center on Sunday mornings and for Quarterly Family Worship
- Serve as a bridge for students to participate in the Worship Ministry of the church
- Oversee and maintain A/V equipment needs for children and student worship experiences
- Coordinate worship leadership for Celebrate Recovery
- A strong, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Undergraduate degree preferred with preference given to degree in worship ministry
- 3 years experience as a worship leader, with student ministry leadership experience preferred
- Excellent vocal, musical ability in guitar and/or piano and worship leadership skills
- Strong relationship skills, especially with middle and high school students
- Views worship leading as an opportunity to reach lost & hurting people with the Gospel
- A track record of recruiting and developing worship teams and volunteers
- Have a broad knowledge of contemporary Christian music
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience preferred in Ableton Live, Propresenter and PlanningCenterOnline
- Licensed in the United Brethren denomination or willing to work toward licensing
- In agreement with and will adhere to the governing documents of the United Brethren in Christ denomination