Sunfield UB church (Sunfield, Mich.) is searching for a person to serve 20 hours a week as Children’s/Education Director. As a member of the pastoral staff, this person would report to the senior pastor.
1. Responsibility for all children’s ministries from ages newborn – 5th grade within this local church. This includes:
- Provide vision, direction, goal setting, strategy, administration and evaluation of all children’s ministries and teachers within this local church.
- Coordinate vision and planning of the children’s ministries within the masterplan set forth by the Children’s Ministry Director, the senior pastor, and the Governance Team.
2. Assist in overseeing the Education Ministry Team and working with the lay volunteers.
- Develop and maintain consistent teacher training and an assimilation model to assist the church in new teacher development.
- Teacher evaluations and background checks.
- Evaluate and administer education curriculum for all age groups.
Qualities Looked For
1. A genuine love for children demonstrated by caring first, administrating second.
2. A sincere desire to equip children in their faith, so as to nurture a Christ-like walk and a growing personal relationship with Christ.
3. To make personal growth a priority through Bible study, personal refreshment, and prayer.
1. This position is seeking 20-hours per week.
2. Beginning salary is based on the following items.
- Education – A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field is desired, or currently working on a degree in an appropriate field.
- Experience – Experience is certainly a valued asset to this position. We are looking for individuals, first and foremost, who can demonstrate a skill level that promotes growth both spiritually and numerically, as well as teacher training skills that develop this church’s children’s ministries long-term.
Further questions can be sent to: Randy Carpenter (email@example.com); (517) 566-8481 (Church)