Pleasant Heights UB church (East Liverpool, Ohio) is seeking to hire a fulltime Director of Youth Ministries. This 40-hour position includes health insurance, pension, and continuing education funds.
General Purpose of Position
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Church Board provides an annual evaluation of the DYM’s performance. The DYM will be responsible and subject to United Brethren Doctrine and local church policy as determined by the Senior Pastor and Church Board. Attendance at the following meetings is required: Weekly Staff Meetings, Administrative Board, and Education Committee. Directing the following meeting is required: Monthly Youth Ministry Planning.
The Primary Task
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all age levels and in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- love youth where they are.
- encourage youth in developing their relationship to God.
- provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth.
- challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world.
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Support and guide the work of the Youth Program in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry and directing monthly planning sessions.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Work in partnership with the Church Board to effectively reach youth in the community and develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of youth participation and lead fund raising for the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available
- resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Brethren doctrine and theology.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement. Professional
- Certification in Youth Ministry in the United Brethren in Christ Church is desired.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of the United Brethren Church.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Respond at the Following
Pleasant Heights United Brethren In Christ Church
528 Grandview St.
East Liverpool, Oh 43920
Pastor: Joe Cilone
Posted May 19, 2017